Wednesday 19 August 2015

A Review - Clinique All About Eyes



I would just like to start by saying that eye creams are a definite must in my skincare routine, and I couldn’t imagine not using one. I like to know that every morning and night I am giving my eye skin area a little extra love and care. Now I am in no way a professional skincare expert but I like to think that I have tried so many eye creams (and there have been many) that I have the ability to tell the difference between a great one and a not so great one. So here I am writing this review to let you guys know about a great eye cream I have been using and loving…and just couldn’t live without. Enjoy. 


The packaging: The packaging I find to be really simple and pleasing to the eye. For someone who likes minimal and elegant things this definitely ticked the boxes for me. It comes in a little green box, and the cream itself comes in a small, clear tub with a metal lid which twists off. The whole packaging has very little wording and just tells you what you need to know about the product, there is no over exaggeration or explaining which I find some products tend to do. 


The Scent; Even though it does state to be 100% fragrance free i still find there is a slight scent to the product. Its not a displeasing smell, i would describe it as smelling very clean and pleasing, It has also never irritated my skin. 
  

The Application/Texture: This eye cream goes on like a dream! I apply a small amount under each eye and then massage it in using my ring finger. It just glides over my skin so easily; there is no sticky or greasy feeling. It also absorbs fairly quickly. I would say application takes no more than 2 – 3 minutes, if that!
The texture of the cream is just all around ‘light’. The cream itself is quite thin, which I think allows it to glide over your skin like I mentioned before. Its not thick or lumpy like some over creams I have tried. It’s cream in color, which I find is pleasing to the eye.


My Verdict; I originally bought this eye cream because my eyes were dry and uncomfortable. I also got it because I suffer from very, very black bags and I wanted to ‘sort them out’! Well I have been using this eye cream for the better part of a year now and can I just say that my eyes have never felt so hydrated! The chapped, tight feeling around my eyes is a thing of the past and the skin around that area looks and feels more bright and youthful. This little cream has been a lifesaver for my eyes and I feel it definitely has the right to call itself a ‘hydrating cream’ because it does just that! Now when it comes to my black bags I wouldn’t say that they have been completely diminished, but they are definitely brighter than they once were and I find them a lot easier to cover with concealer than I did before. So if you’re after an eye cream that will make your black bags disappear after day one (and if you find one please let me know) than this product isn’t for you but if your after a cream that hydrates and brings life back to your tired eyes than this wonderful product is for you!
Now this eye cream is a little on the pricey side at £26.50 for a 15ml tub, but you get what you pay for and your paying for a high quality, effect eye cream that works! I think the price is quite reasonable for how long the cream can last you and my cream can last me anything from 3 –5 months depending on how much you apply and like I said before you really don’t need a lot of this product for it to work.
To summarize I am so impressed with the quality and effectiveness of this eye cream that I wish I purchased it sooner but its safe so say that it will be in my skincare routine for many years to come! I would definitely recommend it to anyone to try for themselves and I have actually got my sister to start using it and she loves it just as much as me!
Thank you Clinique for making this amazing, wondrous product! I LOVE IT!!!


If you’re interested in trying this product you can find it here at Boots:

Or here on the Clinique website:

Roschelle xx

*DISCLAIMER – I would just like to say that the opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and I have not been asked to say them. I would never mention or review a product I didn’t love and have complete faith in, Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment